Stephen Atkins – Managing Director
Stephen has always worked in the lending sector. He was a member of the team that wrote ‘the mortgage code’; he consulted with the FSA to produce MCOB; helped to found AMI; was appointed to the FSA/FCA Smaller Business Practitioners Panel and worked on sub-panels with FOS, OFT (consumer credit) and HMT; and acts as an Expert Witness.
He has worked as a ‘skilled person’ for S166 enquiries and as an ‘independent person’ appointed by the FCA.
Background & Expertise
- Subject matter expert for complex regulated lending, mortgages consumer credit and general insurance
- Corporate Governance – SYSC – Risk
- Former group compliance director of a pan-European lender and broker
- FSA Smaller Business Practitioner Panel; FOS, OFT and HMT sub-panels
- FCA Skilled Person and Independent Person
- FSA Summer School
- FCA Approved Person (NED)
- Adviser to trade bodies
- Strong communicator and industry speaker
- Wide experience in UK, EU and USA
- Expert witness
Our Customers include:
Banks, lenders, intermediaries, networks, international motor manufacturers and dealerships, national builders, bridging specialists, debt managers, pawnbrokers, crowdfunders, solicitors and internet service providers.